What is Energy Healing?
Energy healing is achieved by encouraging energy flow within the body to restore and balance disturbances of the “human energy field”, also know as “aura”.The aura is a field of energy that is generated by the body, surrounding and permeating it.
- The aura includes all the energetic aspects of the structure and function of the body, comprising also all of our experiences, e.g. physical sensations, thoughts, feelings, and states of consciousness.
- This flow of energy occurs within particular points and channels in the body, designated “chakras”.The latter act as distributing centres or spirals of energy that have a profound effect on nerves, glands, as well as all organs.
- The healing process is mediated via a healer, who a person that has been trained to enhance his/her own energy field such it can have a positive effect on somebody else’s field.
- Please note that the use of energy healing is for the good of all involved. Therefore, only life giving energy is passed through those participating, such that the healing benefits positively affect all physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels, in a truly “holistic” manner.
- Although it is difficult to precisely define the differences between energy and spiritual healing, there is however one point that sets these apart. Spiritual healing, in the traditional sense, sees the healer as a vehicle for Divine intervention.
- Energy healing, on the other hand, focuses on the knowledge of the human energy field and the energy modulating tools that can be used to balance disturbances of the field.
- Nevertheless, there is an overlap of these forms of healing, as they both lead to balancing of energy that influences the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of a person.
- There are several types of energy healing recognised in various cultures, mostly commonly referred to as “universal life energy”.
For an in depth overview of the principles and types of energy healing, please consult the following sources, Energy Medicine by James Oschman, Vibrational Medicine by Richard Gerber, Hands of Light by Barbara Brennan.